Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DEVLOG: Summer 2018 Game Dev Log - Water Rampage(Working Title)

A topic by TheOriginal_frostbyt created Jul 14, 2018 Views: 444 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 11
(1 edit) (+2)

Just wanted to get this in so you can see the team of two are working on the project.  Good luck to everyone. 

Some sprites for chatacers

(+2)

Submitted(+1)

Looking good! Those sprites are awesome.

thank you

Submitted(+1)

I was thinking about a sports game too before my current idea. I still want to do a swimming game one day.

Nice sprites. Looking forward to see them in action!

thanks alot...our project probably isnt super original but still a challenge in itself  :)

I should mention we are making this in Construct 2.  Already ran into a snag with the scrolling "land" portions being too big....everything else seems to be going well so far.

(+1)

Submitted(+1)

May I suggest one thing?

Everything but your sprites are flat. Make your sprites flat too. I mean, there's too much gradient, you could use solid colors in your players to keep the aesthetic consistent. I see the grass contours have some gradient too. These don't bother my eyes, but it would be nice to make it in there too.

I enjoyed the scene. Very colorful. Inspires fun. Good luck!

I am workings to make more of it not so flat and get to the level of the player sprites.  If I cannot manage that I will drop the player sprites down

Host

nice progress so far! do you have any gifs or recordings of the game being played?

no...we hit a road block and did not get much done last week.  Scrolling issue sorted out and progressing more today