Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DEVLOG] Day 1 | Late Start But A Good Start!

A topic by ComperiorStudios created Jul 24, 2017 Views: 235 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hey everyone, so I am a little late to fully solidify my idea for the jam and really get into creating the game but the ideas that I have come up with for this game are going to be very immersive & have allot of weight behind the story shown throw the unique game play.

I started out by making some silhouetted sprites and coding up some movement and animation!

Using a switch statement(help from @Mocadium) I coded the animation and direction for the dog companion to match the player and set their animation speeds to have a bouncy movement :)

To Do List:

Aesthetics and surrounding area sprites, also coding collisions with those structures and characters etc, also getting a dialogue system to work along with fades and transitions ;)

you had me interested at "dog companion" haha! ahhh that dog sprite is so cute already and it's only a silhouette

The idea for a companion mechanic was inspired by a similar mechanic I used in a previous project and I thought it would be great to use that in this game, also yeah the sprite is insanely adorable xD, the sprites will be silhouettes but I am coding in some particles to add some depth to the sprites alpha.

Host

whoa i really love the aesthetic of both of these characters so far. there's something very dreamy and interesting about the silhouettes and movement. i think the monochrome palette also really adds--i'm not sure if you've ever heard of the flash game "loved" but it kind of reminds me of that? anyway i'm excited to see more of this game!