Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Sargasso

A topic by Smokeyocity created Jul 22, 2017 Views: 386 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted

Hi, my name is Smokeyocity. I do furry art on sites like Twitter and Tumblr under the same name. It's always been, like, a dream of mine to make games so I'm excited but also extremely nervous about this.

Earlier, I had an idea for what I wanted to make but scratched that for a different idea I had for a game that's been on my mind for a long time.

Sargasso, the story of a girl who ended up in the Super-Sargasso sea, losing all contact with civilization, and has been living with a proper monster who has lived there for near 100 years. They don't know what's in the deep forest of the Sargasso where all things forgotten end up, but they want to find out before it finds them.

The game will be focused on story and visuals more than gameplay. I'll be using AGS because I'm more knowledgeable with that software and I don't know coding enough yet.

In this devlog, I will be

• Updating the development of the game.
  • Venting ideas through this topic
  • Probably talk about how nervous I am or something

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a good day.

Submitted(+1)

Here's some concept art of one of the areas in the game to get down what my color scheme will be. I made this when the jam started. This will ultimately be the hardest part because I want to keep a consistent color through out the game WHILE making the main char standout. I think I should make the house color a little darker to make for the main chars lighter appearance.
(+1)

I checked out your Tumblr and Twitter. I really dig your art! I especially like the Tank Girl. I'm down :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Submitted

working on new animations for the main char as well as designs for the other chars

here are the designs

Submitted(+1)

Hey good job so far, the concept art you posted looks way better than I could ever draw haha. Good luck! Maybe if you desaturate the background just a bit and leave the main char fully saturated that could work? Maybe, I'm not an artist...

Submitted

Made a rough animation but it'll have to do for the time being.

Also did the a nice little home interior!!! Needs more spice but I love the colors so far.

(+1)

This is really coming along nicely! Great work!

Submitted
w

whOA

the scary antagonist is here!!! yikes!!!

and now theyre here for more background art lmao

along with the Dad monster char fully pixeled and a nice lil kitchen : )

The coding and programming begins super soon so I can finally make them talk and progress the story!!!

Wow, this is really coming along!