Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[ ! ] Welcome to MFGJ: Introductions and Jam Goals! Sticky

A topic by lysander created Jul 09, 2017 Views: 4,600 Replies: 117
Viewing posts 84 to 85 of 85 · Previous page · First page

1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?

S'up, I'm Dan! I'm a newbie game developer, artist, and writer. 

2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?

I've never taken part in a game jam before. I really wanted to work on a focused project and this seemed like a good place to start! I'm also interested in meeting new people.

3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?

I'm a huge RPG nerd - I like creating my own hero and putting them on the path I want them to go on. The stories you can tell in games can be really compelling because of the agency the player has over the story and what can I say? I'm into that. Right now I'm blazing my way through Pillars of Eternity, which is fitting because Obsidian RPGs (and Interplay RPGS, back when Interplay were a thing) are a huge inspiration.

4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?

I have some limited experience with developing Flash games, back when everyone was making them. I had a small 2D platformer going. It was floaty as all hell and the combat system was garbage but I made it. More recently I've been working on small 3D projects in Unity, but my 3D modelling skills aren't quite up to scratch yet, so for this jam, I'm returning to my 2D roots. I'm still considering this my first proper 'game' though. 

5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!

I'm really, really into narrative structures and lizards. Maybe my finished game will be about a lizard?

6. What are your goals for this game jam?

For this game jam I'm mostly getting to know Unity again and building a small prototype for a bigger 2D game I want to make.

7. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?

high pitched scream

Viewing posts 84 to 85 of 85 · Previous page · First page