Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] Minigun Mansion

A topic by Noah Schultz created Jul 13, 2016 Views: 230 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
STILL IN PRE-ALPHA

My entry to My First Game Jam will be somewhat of a spin-off of Luigi's Manision and Castlevania, with a good helping of Miniguns. You know...for science. You go throughout a huge (hopefully) mansion exploring the rooms and taking out their ghostly inhabitants with the power of epic miniguns, picking up strength and damage boosters to help you defeat the final boss of the game, The Great Doge (yes, I'm a terrible sucker for memes, don't judge hahaha).

The game will have an emphasis on being completely non-linear, meaning that at any point in the game you can simply walk up to the final boss and take him on, with or without any boosts you get from the (hopefully) several minibosses. This is the first game that I've tried like this, and I think it'll create an interesting dynamic of a game completely driven by choice, but still with a clearly defined goal. I'm also planning on adding tons of secrets!

(Early look at just moving and shooting lifeless (hahaha, lifeless, get it?) ghosts)

https://gfycat.com/DigitalSentimentalFrogmouth

Host(+1)

aww these sprites are really cute so far. best of luck in the jam!

Submitted(+1)

"a spin-off of Luigi's Manision and Castlevania, with a good helping of Miniguns"

I didn't know I wanted this in my life until now. I'll buy five.