Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] I Wrote a Letter

A topic by Dreamshadows Art created Jul 10, 2016 Views: 657 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

I'll be putting my devlog for "I Wrote a Letter" here. No unique assets so far--just working on getting everything into RPG Maker first.

My first goal is to finish up the town, which includes the opening sequence and the second party member.

https://i.gyazo.com/2ec982186fed776e714b1741c3b8074b.png
A quick look at a small section of the town. I've been trying to do some interesting stuff with events.
I'll update this as frequently as I'm able.

Submitted

Might add more to the inn later, but for now I'll say it's done.

Host (1 edit)

looking good so far on the events--would you mind telling us more about your game's premise?

Submitted

Thanks!

The main character travels to this town to deliver a letter she wrote to her friend. But she notices she dropped it along the way and has to go find it. Find the letter so you can deliver it to your friend, is the gist of it.

Submitted

The town is done for now. Now I will finish up the forest area.

Host

this is coming along nicely! i can't wait to see the dialogue.

Submitted

Thank you very much! I hope they dialog will be enjoyable.

Submitted(+1)

Wanted to take a break from balancing enemies to work on concepts for the main character.

It's a pretty big picture so I'll link to it

I hope to have enemy balancing done by tomorrow so I can try to rework this digitally, which will hopefully come out much much nicer.

Submitted

i like the little peeks of polka dots :))

Submitted

Thank you very much!

Submitted

Well I did it! I wasn't able to get the art assets done in time, but I did finish up the game itself. You can find the submission here! Please let me know what you think. I'll try to add unique art assets in due time.

Submitted

This game looks really nice! I admit I'm not fond of the default tileset but how you created the maps was extraordinary, you put a lot of detail in to the map, I actually I can't wait to play this even though I find the gist a bit crazy for a rpg maker game.

Submitted

Thank you so much!

Going back and changing the tilesets used is definitely something I'd like to try later once I have the opportunity. But I'm glad you like the maps! I hope you enjoy the game once you get to play!