Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[DevLog] Plantstead

A topic by nadia nova created Jul 10, 2016 Views: 550 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (5 edits) (+3)

The game starts with you being invited over to a plantling homestead, miss farmer had accidentally left open the barn and all the plantlings ran away! she tried to catch them back but ended up injuring herself and then called you over for help.

I'm using Unity! And 3d assets from kenney.nl. The game will have 2d sprites for characters and items and basically everything else than the word and the trees!

Its going to be a linear story with quests about helping miss farmer with the place now that her hand is injured.

I will try and upgrade most of the sprites to pretty ones done by my gf later.

my twitter is @littanana and i will probs post some stuff there too

Submitted

This is really cute! It seems like a good use of the 3d/2d sprite combo. It sounds like it's going to be fun!

Submitted(+1)

Its my favorite aesthetic, all my interest in trying to do 3d games is just cause i want to have 2d sprites! :D

Submitted

Those awesome assets. I really love low poly and the cartoon sprites combo you're putting here. You're not going to make them 3D at all though? I will admit I saw a tutorial it looks horrifyingly hard.

Submitted(+1)

nah, i dont have the talent to do 3d models myself so i just have to use whats available and use everything else as 2D :D

Submitted

capture them!!!!

Submitted(+1)

new update! ive gotten a lot of help and ive worked a lot on the dialoque system! mostly ive just been doing bug fixing and trying to make it impossible for the player to lose objects or fall of the map...

the game is going to be rly short so i dont have much to show around heh

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

i'm doing thing

here is a vid of the dialogue with bear mom from above

https://sendvid.com/f42y44pq

i noticed there is a coloring error with the hand so im gonna change that for the game heh

also here is her wife

Submitted

So yeah! My game is done, I had to finish few days early since its my gf's birthday and were leaving & coming back home after the jam.

I learned a lot of unity and received a lot of help from nice jammers so thank u!

I hope you all enjoy this! https://littanana.itch.io/plantstead

Submitted

ahh cool i'm excited to check it out!