Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Tools for producers/composers participating in the jam:

A topic by Adrian created Jul 05, 2016 Views: 392 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

I have compiled a set of plugins, vsts and other useful tools for use creating soundscapes, sound effects, and music for the game jam!

TWEAKBENCH: Plenty of vst instruments and sound manipulators here. Wide variety of different sounds and effects.

Piano One: A great piano with a few reverb and delay effects built in.

Earthbound Soundfont Pack: Huge soundpack with plenty of synths, basses, leads, and percussion from Earthbound. Great if you want to make a retro sounding track!

LazySnake: Electric piano with a rhodes sound.

Feel free to add your own tools to the list!

Submitted(+1)

Thanks!

(+1)

I'll throw some stuff into this thread. I might post and/or edit to add more later, but for now, I've got my two most recommended tools.

• Pxtone is a fantastic toolset for making music, totally free too.
  • Synth1 is also a fantastic free VST. Most of my songs use it in some degree or other. The site is in Japanese, but the synth itself isn't.

Have you ever tried FL Studio? It's a beautiful piece of software that lets you create fantastic tunes. It's a little advance but I was able to pick up quickly on this program. They have a free version too.

There is also bfxr.net. A very simple sound effect tool that lets you make neat 8/16 bit sounds. Very cool and easy to use!

Hey guys, a larger but better piano is called 'Salamander Piano'.

It's a bit of a download, and you'll need an SFZ player, but it's well worth it, absolutely beautiful.

For mixing and mastering, I recommend the following free and legal plugins:

Melda Audio's free pack.

Cockos Reaper's free pack (i believe they are also compatible with other DAWs)

Voxengo's free plugins.

With those alone, there's more than enough resources to reach an extremely high quality of post production.

Also, as a general sound library, do try "orion sound module". It's fairly heavy, but it does a LOT. And it's free and legal.

All the best, and if you need any advice, don't be a stranger. Get in contact.