Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Using Gotm as a submission

A topic by ElliotBak3r created Jul 11, 2020 Views: 293 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (2 edits)

If you are a Godot user planning on making a Network game in the browser, consider using Gotm’s GDScript plugin which lets you access their API directly from GDScript. You can either download it from the AssetLib or download it directly from Github. You can check out the documentation here or check out my reddit post here. If you are using it though, the submission process is a little more complicated.

First, you must host the game on Gotm which requires an account and a studio. Then, you can follow this tutorial made by them. After which, you can write up a description, add some screenshots and submit the project to this Jam.

Some benefits you get to reap off are the Online lobbies that can be sorted by custom properties such as “name” or “difficulty” and networking without port forwarding with upcoming features such as Remote Play Together and pre-made Leaderboards. So definitely check them out at gotm.io.

* This section is part of a collaboration with me and the developers of Gotm. They gave me complete freedom to say whatever I want so all opinions expressed are my own.

Submitted

Hey, about GOTM, the api works only on gotm so for the submission we have to link our gotm game in our itch.io game or there is a better way?

Host(+1)

You can embed the game in a html file or in a project page requiring the smallest HTML knowledge. To download it as a html file, you can check out this guide by them (Embed Your Godot Game On Your Website).

Submitted

Nice idea, thank you!