Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ideas & Discussion

A topic by Litza Bronwyn created Jun 20, 2020 Views: 70 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I like when jams have a thread where people can share their ideas, so I thought I'd start!

I've been thinking about what to do for this month's theme and this is what I have so far! (Feel free to use any that inspire you!)

- A player/GM role reversal, where you switch off playing a character and DMing back and forth during the game. Probably a two-player game, maybe three-player; potentially some sort of plotline where the two characters are attempting to find each other and the last scene is them actually coming together and both/all players get to have a final scene with their characters together.

- A Freaky Friday type comedy rpg where the characters switch bodies immediately after an introductory scene and have to navigate each other's lives.

- Both of the above together??? This could actually work really well for already fleshed out characters living in each other's shoes.

HostSubmitted

Thanks for making this thread! :) I love both of those. 

Building on the second idea, I kinda like the idea of creating the characters without the other player knowing what you are making and then swapping and surprising them. Sounds like it could be a lot of ridiculous fun but could also go into a more serious direction. It could also be interesting to come out of your comfort zone and play characters that you might not make yourself.