Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Let's take the opportunity to talk

A topic by Eximuss created Jul 19, 2022 Views: 506 Replies: 51
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted

Who has ever participated in a game jam and what did they find difficult?

participated or finished?

Submitted

both,

all experiences are good to share I think ^^

Well I've participated but wasn't able to finish. The difficult part was the jam for me because I was still new to game development at the time. So hopefully this jam i can change things but we don't have a theme so...

Submitted

hope it works out for you this time. how long have you been dev for now?

Not long. I've really gotten back into it recently so around 2 months but I first started making games was around 2 years ago where I was just dabbling in game developement.

Submitted

Ah ok I see ^^ I just discovered the concept of game jam when I've been dev for 2 years every day I'm lost xD

What do you use to make games?

Submitted

Unity And You 

(1 edit)

Godot. It's the engine I've been learning recently.

Submitted

Then if i understand Devaurer you are doing 2D too right ?

Yes I am. I also used to do 3d when I was using unity way back when.

Submitted

I see it's cool to know multi engin

godot also can make 3d games but it isnt so good at all, unity or unreal are better on it 

Godot 4.0 will completely overhaul the 3d engine once it comes out.

Submitted

I would like a Theme and start me too ahah I'm losing my mind I'm going to stop waiting soon

The most difficult thing for me is the programming area, I love everything, but I'm still new to programming in my favorite game engine and sometimes something as simple as making a bot that follows you can take a lot of time for me.

Submitted

Wich Engine are you using 

godot

Submitted

Ok then I can't help you hey I'm only on Unity me

its an excellent game engine but for 2d games i prefer to use godot

Submitted

I've never tried 2D games, I started in 3D and I've always been too lazy to learn 2D! I can't wait to see what you're going to do to us ^^

The same thing happens to me as you but the other way around hahaha

Submitted

ahahah

Submitted

I did gmtk, made a game where you are the dice and you roll to move and your guns attack, speed, and size depends on your current roll.

then forgot to save in unity and reloaded the scene and half my work was gone :(

Submitted

that was my first game jam this is my second

Submitted

"forget to save" the basic error eheheh bad luck! what is gmtk? a known game jam?

Submitted

GMTK is game makers toolkit im surprised you dont know

yup its from an english channel i think that make reviews of game design and more

Submitted

heres vid

The gmtk game jam is a game jam hosted here on itch that just ended the 16th and it lasts for two days.

Submitted

toooo saaaad ! 

when is the next one?

It looks too good

Submitted

next year

yup, also there is another youtuber that will make a jam soon called the wowie game jam, the fun fact here is that the themes are weird like a intencional bug on the game or something like it

uff its awful, i participated too, i made a game of hordes where a dice decide how many enemies yo will fight 

Submitted

It looked funny your thing ^^ the theme was a dice suddenly?

Submitted

the theme was roll of the dice

Ah so the one that ended recently.

Submitted

Well it's been 1 hour I'm not going to wait 1 week xD We'll see each other again if he ends up posting something, in the meantime, I say bye :p

(1 edit)

Bye

Well its been good talking with you guys. Ima go so cya. Also, I'd love to see your games if the theme ever releases.

Submitted

same

If the host doesn't come up with a theme, how about we have our own game jam?

Submitted

Submitted

I was clicking everywhere to discover the site and I came across this

(1 edit)

yes is useful to see in what jams you are

Submitted

Is the "host a game jam" button in red not what you were looking for?

a yes, i made a game jam by my self one time ago

Host

sorry

the last jam i entered i finished, but due to compile time i missed it by 2 seconds

How sad, I know it's horrible, the same thing happened to me with an ice cream jam that I got into but I still published the game