Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Worried about the theme direction

A topic by The Anosmic created Sep 11, 2019 Views: 639 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

We want the arrange a mini site for the jam and I'm a bit worried about what you said about the theme direction - all about mechanic recreations.
We want this to be as welcoming for new developers and very open, so can you elaborate on that a bit?
(Not asking about what's the theme of course :) just wondering if it be much different than other jams and might be less free)

Host(+1)

No worries, thanks for asking this! 
The idea behind the theme is that you'll use  a specific mechanic  as an inspiration for your  jam project.
But don't worry tho - all I can say is that there will be plenty of mechanic options!
Let me know what you think of this approach - in a certain way we all are inspired by mechanics from other games when building  the jam project.
Hopefully that can even help to give direction to those that are starting development / jams! :D

My name is Gabriel, well, I've been looking to join a Jam lately, but I know my limitations and I kind of know that my forte is the programming and mechanics application, but ... I wanted a team to be able to create together something cool in this Jam, can the creator or someone help me find a cool team? I am Brazilian and here if it is to create something, like a game in Jam, only in universities.
Submitted

I think it's very original, it's not "just another jam"! Looking forward to participate!

Well, really I feel  than that direction respecting the theme is straightforward which I is something I like a lot, and I don't think it will restrict the creativity.