SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Updated my game

A topic by Marios Vas created Sep 10, 2021 Views: 103 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hi!

I updated my game to a more stable version.

It would be great if you lived John's weird day, now!

Thanks

Submitted(+1)

I took the time to play it again, and this time the controls are much better. It’s still not very good, and the brakes are very weak. I got to the first set of purple bombs and I was delighted to see that I actually got out of my car, and then the walking controls are just as slippery as it was in the game jam, which needs improvement. After cutting the yellow wires, John teleported back into the car and somehow reversed off the freeway on his own, flipping the car over and I got stuck there. I guess there needs to be something to teleport/rectify the car if it got flipped over. I tried to quit, but the cursor wasn’t showing up, so I have to Alt+F4 to close the game.

I tried once more and managed to get past the purple bombs to the red bombs, then the voice overs and music all started overlapping each other and I couldn’t hear the instructor. I managed to cut the first red bomb correctly, then when I did the same to the second, it exploded. A restart button, or having checkpoints would be good.

Anyways, it’s good to see that you’re improving on the game. Hope with more testing, it will become bug-free in the future. Good luck!

Submitted

Indeed, I had to implement a car flipped/stacked check but I hadn't any idea how to do it in a few hours. I'll find a way for the future. 

I'm sorry you got stack in the first bombs and yes I should have thought the case that the player is speed running so the music would not overlay the voice. I couldn't find also a quick level reset and respawn solution so you don't have to begin each time from the beginning. I guess I need more practice. 

Anyway, thanks again!