Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Devlog #1 - Introduction to 'Sacrifice'

A topic by Rona Hattingh created Jul 08, 2022 Views: 226 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

I haven't participated in a game jam for a very long time. I love the theme and it attracted me to participate in the hope I could create something fun and scary.  Well, fun for me and scary for you as the player. Now let's hope my scope isn't too big and I can finish before the end whistle.{Scope is my weak point in a game jam, my dreams are always too big]

My GGD - Game Design Document

THEME: Sacrifice                    LIMITATION: Failure is inevitable

1. GAME IDENTITY:

Sacrifice is a 'Point & Click' roleplaying game.

2. DESIGN PRINCIPLES:

• Combat
  • Storytelling
  • Exploration

3. STORY:

Ari and Rumi are twin sisters, living in a little hut on the outskirts of the village Bergville. They have always been treated as outcasts by the villagers, a puzzle Rumi found the answer to, when she confronted the village's herbalist in the forest. Ari and Rumi's father tried to sacrifice the Chief's son in a demonic blood ritual, before its completion their father was killed by the Chief's guards. Their mother begged the Chief for leniency, he granted it in exchange of her becoming his leman(their mother was a beautiful woman and the Chief lusted after her ever since their arrival in his village). She agreed to save her little girls from the village's wrath, but the contract didn't last long before she became ill and died. 

Nobody wanted the two little girls, except an old woman living on the edge of the village. Life was harsh, but Ari and Rumi learned to live in harmony with the old woman. She started to teach them when they were old enough how to hunt, skin and preserve their prey and winters became a tad more tolerable. After Rumi discovered the old woman's spell book, she reluctantly started teaching Ari and Rumi some spells out of it, always with the caution to not perform magic in front of the villagers. After the old woman's death, the two girls struggled on, trying to live ordinary lives, but everything changed on their eighteenth birthday. 

4. MECHANICS:

• Combat system
  • Enemy AI
  • Damage & Health system
  • Inventory system 

5. INTERFACE:

• Left Mouse Button - Point & Click
  • Middle Mouse Button - Zoom in & out from player
  • Right Mouse Button - Attack
  • A & D keys/ arrow keys - rotate around player
  • Tab - Inventory
  • Esc - Pause Menu

6. ART STYLE - Fantasy/ Medieval atmosphere with dark tones

7. AUDIO  - Fantasy/ Medieval (orchestral) 

8. PLATFORM - Windows

9. TO - DO - LIST

• GGD - Game design document - DONE!
  • Gather resources and assets - DONE! 
  • Open project in Unity - DONE! 
  • Player movement - DONE!
  • Create level
  • Enemy AI
  • Damage & Health System & UI
  • Inventory & UI
  • Combat system(weapons & spells)
  • Audio
  • Post Processing
  • Lightning
  • Test playing

CONCLUSION: 

Thank you for reading! Breakfast time! See you later!

Lots of love...

Rona Hattingh

Deleted 1 year ago
    Deleted 1 year ago
    Deleted 1 year ago
    (1 edit) (+1)

I never though i would see you here!the backstory you wrote is very intresting  and its beyond me how you can do so in such a short tile, i am looking forward to play your game friend, and please dont give up

Thank you for the encouragement, I won't give up. As for the backstory, I love to read and has a huge imagination, hope I can bring to life the story with the game. Are you participating in the game jam?

yes i am participating i want to get back into the habit of making games,but i still dont have the slightest idea what i am going to make馃槶

(+1)

Good luck! See you in the jam! :)