Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions and Answers Sticky

A topic by Spinoff created Nov 16, 2022 Views: 293 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host

If you have any questions, leave your question here and we'll get to it ASAP.

Submitted

Is there going to be any theme announced when the jam begins? Or is the "short - 5min" aspect the only parameter? 

Host(+1)

Hi,

This is a free theme Jam! You can choose any theme you want :)

Submitted

What is the best resolution for backgrounds in Spinoff?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

We recommend 720*1280.

If you need more details, there is a chart titled "Editor Specifications" on the jam webpage.

Please let us know if you have additional questions. Thank you!

Submitted

I thought it a story that fits another jam I am also in. If I finish before that jam's deadline am I allowed to submit to multiple jams?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

Sure. Just make sure to submit your game before the deadline ends :)

Submitted

Okay. Thank you.

Submitted

How hard cut is the 5min playtime? If there is more than one ending does that mean the game can be longer? Or regardless the game should be around 5min no matter the route?

Host(+1)

You can consider it a very, very loose guideline. Duration of this jam is quite a bit shorter than our other jams. So we thought it would relieve pressure and be fairer if everyone could work on somewhat shorter games. Please do not feel too constrained by it!

Submitted

Amazing thank you!

Submitted

Can Spinoff access your Photos app? It had looked like it at first, but once I had them added to my photos app, suddenly all Spinoff will let me do to add a background is take a photo or look in my camera roll folder.

Host(+1)

Could you provide us a bit more detail please?

In general, once you give Spinoff access to your Photos library, the app will have access to your images. As you may know, you can check the access setting through [Settings app > Privacy & Security > Photos > Spinoff].

In the editor, when you tap on the [+ > Background > Image > +Import > From camera roll], you should see the photos in your Photos library. You can also select a specific album by tapping on the album title between the 'Cancel' button and the 'Done' button on the top.

If it does not work as above, or your need is different, please do let us know. Thank you!

Submitted

Looks like i just needed a basic reboot. I restarted the app and it gave me the option to allow Spinoff to access my photos again. I hit yes this time since I had photos available to select. Thank you.

Kinda sad this is only IOS. Would have liked to have taken a look at the program but don't own an iPhone. I'm guessing there isn't a PC version of this? (I saw there isn't an android version.)

Host

No, Android version isn't ready yet. We apologize for the delay. Only iPhones, iPads, or Macs with ARM processors are currently supported.

Thank you!