Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What is the cut off for nudity?

A topic by bjiCorp created Jun 30, 2023 Views: 103 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(2 edits)

So I'm working on a pixel-art game that will make use of Tarot cards, but reimagined for the game. I've completed a fair number of them and wanted to clarify what constitutes nudity as far as this jam is concerned. They aren't lewd but artistic, but I wanted to clarify by showing censored versions of what I mean below -- I'll do it in a follow up post in case the censored version need to be removed.

FYI If they would be problematic in their original form, then I can endeavor to not make use of them for the Jam and use others instead, or, I can just use the CENSORED versions. However, I would prefer the original as it has a clear artistic intent and meaning to them being that way.

EDIT: so that you understand the context of their use, they are to be used in an old project I am working on for the jam: https://bjicorp.itch.io/as-above

(1 edit)

So the censored version of the ones that would be problematic (I think):

Host

I'm sure you can find plenty of ways to censor it in a more natural way than a censored rectangle (with skimpy clothes for instance), but worst case scenario, I could allow for the "barbie doll anatomy" approach. I do understand your desire to use it artistically, but this is not only for myself, but for everyone playing your game and even for itch's regulations concerning nudity and its regulations on the website.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, I'll have a look at what the regulations are for itch to be sure. I'll try and replace the censor bars by at least removing nipples or putting on coverings. Not sure I will get around to it as I'm kinda burnt out on pixel art and need to start implement the content in game, along with, finishing off updating and adding code -- I'm a one-man team at the moment.