Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is the time the jam starts and ends based on your system time

A topic by gamedev69420 created Feb 03, 2023 Views: 160 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hello everyone,

I was wondering about the timing for the upcoming jam. The itch.io page does not specify the time zone for the start and end times. I was curious if it is based on our local system time zone or if it is set to a specific time zone.

Could anyone clarify this for us? It would be helpful to know in advance so we can plan accordingly.

Thanks! gamedev69420

Submitted

that is a very good question as some are ahead and behind time wise. Maybe that is why point 8 has always been available for late submissions.

"8. I'm accepting late entries until 72 hours (February special) after the end of the submission period. In order to submit late, first publish your game to itch, and then send me the link, either on Discord or in the Community tab. Uploads will also be unlocked, so if you have a bug fix to publish, do it during this time!"

Host(-1)

I don't know about the specified times and dates, but when making the jam itch asks me for info in my timezone. The countdown on the jam page is set for your timezone though, so if you're not sure, just use the countdown to find out the time in your own timezone.

As for the late submission period, it is based on my timezone, but if you have the end of the jam's hour, just add 72 to it to find out when the late submissions end.

so are the start and the end times base on your timezone or are they based on the system time in my case (AEST)

Host

Based on your system yes. The dates and time are changed according to your timezone (just verified using another jam).