Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I have decided to update the rule slightly Sticky

A topic by Ran d'Reille created Apr 28, 2020 Views: 195
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (7 edits) (+2)

This jam, being way (WAY) bigger than initially expected, has unfortunately received some insincere submissions due to my lax rules. You are probably okay if you participate in this jam with good intentions, but you may want to check the main page again to confirm the rules just in case. With the added new rule, games that are suspected to be submitted under insincere intentions may get removed, even if it has magical girls in it and does not break any other rules, depending on how many red flags they have. Some red flags include:

• The game being finished before the creator joined the jam
  • The creator joined the jam "recently" or late mid-way (Yes. I can see when you joined the jam)
  • The game was submitted right after the creator joined the jam
  • The game was submitted to many other jams, and to many of them, the game does not actually fit the jam. This is probably the biggest red flag. Even if your game coincidentally fits the magical girl genre, your game may get removed because of this
  • The game very barely scratches the magical girl theme
  • The "Theme" section was not filled properly
  • The game actually breaks some of the less restrictive, more nuanced rules of this jam (e.g. picking one of the themes)
  • The game is older than this jam itself
  • etc.

Depending on how many red flags your submissions have, I may give the benefit of the doubt and ask first -- but don't expect me to ask first if it has all the red flags and are obviously insincere. If your submissions have none of those red flags, you are very likely safe.

(There is already one submission that I had already decided to let remain despite having four minor (non-bold) red flags, because I decided to let it remain before I added this new rule. I ask for your understanding)

If you have any concerns (or suggestions to add to the red flags list?), please reply to this post.