Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Theme REVEAL, It's GO TIME

A topic by Lost Relic Games created Jun 10, 2022 Views: 490 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted (5 edits) (+3)

Theme is in. Connection. What does it mean to you? It can be a deeply abstract concept depending on your creative interpretation!

Use these hours before the jam starts to plan and prepare. Come by the discord if you need people to work with, or just to hang out and chat during jam week https://discord.com/invite/yeTuU53

Check out the following video for Prize and Rule updates:

Submitted (1 edit)

i've got a question, i don't use steam, so what happens if i get in the top few people? (unlikely but i'm just asking this question anyway)

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

You win the glory of becoming undisputed champion! :)
You can always give the steam keys to a friend. We also have dev tools that have been donated by a sponsor (info on jam page).

Submitted

OK! also,  i like your videos, they're super informative and entertaining!

(3 edits)

I’ve considered 2 meanings of this theme:

1. You connect “nodons” (circles) to perform math. (This isn’t a game idea so I wasted just 2 days)

2. You control 2 entities at the same time, and one’s controls (and the world) mirror the other (eg. if one goes left, the other one goes right). There are only a few differences between the left half of the world and the right half, and you have to use these differences to complete the level by desyncing the 2 entities. Thus they are connected.

3. You connect some wires so that electricity can reach the other wire.

Submitted

hm, that's kind of funny, your No.2 literally just described the game i made for the jam, lol.