Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Last Resort

A topic by agmcleod created Dec 23, 2015 Views: 851 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted (3 edits)

Ive only worked on the game a little bit so far, as i'm busy with another project as well. But my project is this:

Life on earth is coming to an end, and you must help collect resources from open space to build an energy core. The energy core is going to be used to power a station to house the world's population. You will control the ship top down, and use a grapple hook to tow things to the assembly station.

So far I have basic physics & movement going:

I dropped in a planet/object to run into and such as well, which will be a tow object. Have the camera following the player along, don't have a gif on hand for it yet.

Submitted

Re-did the planet sizes, and applied proper circular bodies to them. It's pretty neat, but clearly my coordinates need a fix!

Submitted

Fixed up my map generation quite a bit, also added space mines! They don't do anything yet, but at least they look a bit dangerous!

Something I might do is make them about 20% of the size, and put a little field of them instead. Not sure yet.

Submitted

Still having some slight spawn point problems. But I have a loss condition with those space mines. the world generates around your start point quite well. The camera also limits out to the edge of the world boundaries. So you cannot surpass them and go too far. Not much new to show yet in a screenshot. Once i get the core mechanic in, i'll post another update.

Submitted

Spawning of objects improved dramatically. Also implemented a simple harpoon. I need to time it so it works with the rotation of the little gun on the back. Then block the harpoon while it's attached from being re-used, or have it let go of the current object.

Submitted

Made some progress. Improvements on how the harpoon works, and rotates with the object following it. I also added a background, which is quite helpful for gaging speed & movement while playing the game. Still a lot to get done in the next week. Ahhhh crunch time!

Submitted

Sorry for not providing updates. Did a lot of polish on the physics, adding remaining art, music & audio content as well. The main change that I found really benefited the game was reducing the size of the ship. It moves much faster, it's easier to avoid mines, and really just makes it more fun. I've submitted my version downloadable for win & mac. Check it out!

http://agmcleod.itch.io/lastresort