Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rohwedder - Devlog "Space Rush"

A topic by Martin Rohwedder created Dec 19, 2015 Views: 512 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Devlog - Day 1

I am excited to try out this jam, for two reasons.

1. First of all I am a newbie in working with LibGDX, so I am trying this to learn a lot more of how the framework works. I have already created a few small 2D games in Unity, however I am fascinated by the Java language, and was so excited when I first heard of LibGDX.
  2. Second of all is that I am doing this, so I can try to make some more games, and become a better game developer.

My game Idea

My game idea is nothing special. Its an infinite side runner game in 2d. You have to control your spaceship, and avoid the meteors and get as far as you can. Along the way, you can grab power-ups, to help you reduce speed, get a defensive shield around the spaceship for some time and so on.

Follow my game development

You can follow the development of this game, mostly on this blog. My twitter account (@MarRohwedder) and on my github (https://github.com/martin-rohwedder/Space-Rush)

Sketch Day

Today I have been making some rough sketches of my game. This is to get a grab of the look and feel of the game, and the simple game mechanics to be developed.