Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Introductions + What are you working on?

A topic by Edsploration created Jun 17, 2017 Views: 199 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
HostSubmitted (1 edit)

For those who'd like to bookend their jam work with a starting post, here is a thread to introduce yourself and say what you'll be working on.

The Discord (https://discord.gg/WnNQjax) includes a channel for introductions as well for anyone who prefers the chat format or for discussions.

——————

I am Edsploration, a hobbyist programmer and game developer. I've been tinkering for decades but I'm still dreaming of finishing a full RPG or metroidvania.

For this Jam I'll be learning pixel art character creation and animation using Aseprite. I've done pixel art tilesets in the past, but somehow never animated characters, so I'm really excited to address that deficiency! I'll throw the results into a play space made in Unity. Any extra time will go to adding more art assets or maybe tweaking the movement mechanics and adding a time trial goal.

Hello! I will be learning to use MonoGame. MonoGame is the spiritual successor to Microsoft's XNA framework. They have been used to make games like Bastion, Fez, and Escape Goat so I thought it would be good for a short jam to make a simple pixel art game.

My plan is to make a toxic chemical routing game sort of like Pipe Dream. Good luck to everyone else!

Submitted

Hi, I'm Colin.

I'll be following Unity's Roll-a-Ball tutorial to get my feet wet with 3D game development. I've been making 2D games for a year or two now, and I'm excited to try out the additional dimension, as well as the Unity engine which I have only begun to learn recently. Though I'll be blatantly following a beginner project tutorial, I hope that I will have enough to time to add at least a little personal touch and spice to the final product.

Cheers and good luck to everyone!