Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

A team can have four members max.

A topic by salem-arrak created Sep 04, 2016 Views: 381 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I love the organization of this event, but won't limiting the amount of members in a team to such a small number ensure that every team will only recruit essential talents? People who are good at writing stories, testing games, polishing game mechanics, handling sounds, or even voice acting, will not be able to find a team if every team is looking to fill the 4 seats with the most needed abilities.

Host(+2)

The reason why we decided on having a limit on team members is for teams to choose their members carefully and to stop abuse of unbalanced teams and undistributed resources.

For example, if we don't limit members, a team could have 5 programmers, 2 designers, and end up doing a small game that could've been done with, lessay, two programmers. Which means 3 programmers could've joined other teams.

That, and we had a scenario in the last game jam where a team of 6 or 7 members (Can't remember correctly) failed to present their game because their lead programmer had 2 or 3 beginner programmers to teach them how to use Unity3D. Because he got busy and couldn't really stay for long, they couldn't finish a presentable demo of the game.

We don't want that to happen again, so we have to limit team members. However, if we find that 4 members weren't enough and there are requests from teams to raise the bar, the bar will rise.

I hope you understand the situation.

(+1)

That's perfectly reasonable. You guys know what you're doing. I hope everybody will have fun!

Host

Thanks for understanding :D