Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Uploading WebGL version of game after submission deadline.

A topic by Roaming Maelstrom created Aug 21, 2022 Views: 196 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (1 edit)

Hi Kenney,

Is it ok for me to post a link to a WebGL version of my game in the comments of my submission after the deadline.

Zero changes, features, assets, tweaks, bug fixes or any other modifications have been added to the WebGL version. It is the exact same game as my original submission.

This is my first Game Jam, and I have since realised (from looking at which games are rated and how I personally use this site) that my game will be unlikely to be rated due to it only being available as a .zip download for Windows.

Thank you for hosting this Game Jam and for providing all these assets for free.

Roaming Maelstrom

Host

Technically not, no - uploads are locked and part of the challenge is to do everything within the time limit.

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi, Thank You for the quick response.

To clarify, I am not changing the upload or any of its source code. I am posting an a link (in the comment section) to an exact technical copy of the upload that is compatible with being viewed in the browser.

Roaming Maelstrom

Host (1 edit)

Yeah that's against the rules because you're adding to your game during the voting round. We can't or won't check whether that version is identical to the uploaded version, it could've been improved which is unfair. So those kind of submissions most likely get disqualified.

Submitted

Hi, 

Ok, thank you for the clarification. 

I will not provide a link to a WebGL version and will just keep it as it was originally.

Roaming Maelstrom