Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Finally Finished!!

A topic by LostDutchman created Aug 22, 2021 Views: 210 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Not really news I guess but I just finished my entry and I'm so excited to finally throw it out into the ether.  There's some really cool titles already up though so I'm really looking forward to rating/playing tomorrow morning!

Submitted(+1)

Congrats! I just finished my game as well. I don't really like my game compared to others (it's really basic but it's my first game jam I've done so even if it's bad at least it's done.) 

I played some of the other submissions already, lots of fun games. 

Submitted

Jams are pretty difficult!  You should be super proud that you finished!

Submitted(+1)

The hardest part was really trying to get the idea from my brain to an actual product. I was on my 5th idea because the previous 4 either had concepts I couldn't figure out, or just didn't look as well as I did. 

So I made something simple from 1am to 5am my time but there's some bugs to iron out if folks don't mind a prototype/unfinished game...

Submitted

Honestly I think jams are a great way to learn how to prototype which is super hard to get a handle of.  Its so hard to come up with good ideas on the fly- especially ones that are feasible?  This is my second jam and I think it was maybe a little bit easier than the first time I tried.

Submitted(+1)

Yeah, I really hope the next time I do a game jam it's much easier! But I also learned that I suffered from having too many ideas and just not making something simpler then expanding it. I felt like I wasted a lot of time with my failed ideas and abandoning them after 3 or 4 hours. 

Even though my game isn't good, I'm happy at the stuff I've learned and there's some things I want to take to future game jams, from the design process, to making something simple. I used construct 3 because I'm just not comfortable using gamemaker or godot under pressure ha.