Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Specific Questions 2

A topic by LittleGameDev created Aug 20, 2020 Views: 164 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I've got some questions about the Gamejam

1. Are we able to work in teams? Or does this have to be a solo developed project?

2. Will we be able to used other resources like the site fantasy name generator or real life references and history in a fantasy setting? 

3. If your game is below or above the 30min mark could it still be submitted? 

4. Would we be able to make parody games or does the idea have to be 100% original? 

5. What do you mean by Script-calling, what would classify as script-calling? Would an evented time-system fall under this category?  

6: could you please explain the In Search for a Miracle thyme. Would this be like a quest? 

Host

1.  Yes, you are allowed to work in teams.  This does count towards the one game per person rule.

2. How you create names, is up to you.  Historical fantasy is allowed.

3. Yes, please do submit.  I will create a point value system towards length, with 30+ plus having the highest score.

4. Parody games will be allowed, though they creativity score may be lowered.

5. There is a section of events, where scripts can be entered.  That is what I mean by scriptcalling.

6. I am open to many interpretations of this.  You may Messenger me, if you have face book.  My name is Jay Harrison and it is the one that says Minister/Teacher/Game Maker.  I think that itch.io may have create a message system too.

Thank you for clearing this up looking forward to making a game :D