Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Who's building a text-based game?

A topic by Andrew Hoyer created Jul 23, 2021 Views: 202 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+1)

Post a reply if you're building for this jam, and if you'd like, a rough idea of the type of game.

My concept right now is a space invaders or Galaga style game, of course with no graphics or audio, just pieces of text flying around!

Submitted

mate I was also thinking like that a rpg but with text rather than graphics!  

but I dropped the idea coz It'd most likely impossible to complete :(

btw if ya succeed you'll definitely  get first.

Submitted

I did some work on a text-based RPG as part of Hacktoberfest on GitHub a couple of years. It's an interesting concept, but does take a lot of effort. And that's just considering line-by-line text, not trying to draw anything with text itself.

Anyway, I'm going to keep working on my idea here. I see there's a submission already, so it's time to get moving.

Submitted

Good luck Mate!

Submitted

i'm making a game about a player who's stuck on the moon, and has to wait 7 days to escape

Submitted(+1)

I finished my game yesterday, tweaked a few settings today, and am publishing it as I need to get back to work!

Submitted

I have 2 games, one is a life simulator in which you can study go to the gym, get a job, etc and another is a story driven footballer simulator. Hope you will like it!

Submitted

I hadn't seen this before submitting but pretend...

I want to make a real-time action game where an ever-updating list of text describes the surroundings. By it's nature it won't take itself very seriously.

Submitted

I have uploaded a new version of my game with some improvements. Nice to see the number of games submitted going up!

Submitted

what if someone made a text based tycoon game :eyes: