SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Reminder on the rules and what I'm planning on doing Sticky

A topic by QueenOfSquiggles created Feb 01, 2024 Views: 83 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host(+1)

Hey hey!

I’m back again with a reminder to (arguably the people most like to already have read the rules) that part of the rules of this jam is to have a version of your game that is available for Web/HTML or at least two desktop platforms (of Windows, Mac, Linux).

I just did a brief check and only 5 of the 11 submitted games are actually in compliance with this rule. I’ve been trying to give people gentle reminders to follow this rule. But once the submission deadline ends I will be disqualifying any games that do not follow the rules. If I understand correctly, this will mean that those games will still show in the submission list, but will be ineligible for a final ranking. More simply, only games that have followed the rules will be able to be ranked and have a chance at winning the jam.

I’m not sure how much more I can do to remind people to follow the rules besides trying to track them down on social media and/or email, which frankly is a bit much for just a game jam I think.

Submitted

Thanks for the reminder, I did completely forget that rule! Is that a common jam rule? I think it makes sense, but I didn't see it for the only other two that I joined.

Host

I’m not sure how common it is, I just wanted to have it in my jam because it can be frustrating for non-windows users when everything is made exclusively for windows. So I wanted people to try out seeing how to export for different platforms using their tools of choice

Host

I just did a pass through and disqualified any and all games that did not follow the rules. And even one that was marked as “quarantined” by itch io for suspicious behaviour (which I didn’t even realize itch did!) so now the games available are all in the running for a ranking and are (theoretically) safe to play!

Host

Also, if you are interested in playing a disqualified game, they are still available in the “Submission Feed” but the main “Submissions” tab will only show games that have qualified.