Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Limitation Clarification / Jam Requirements List

A topic by bluenu created Jan 21, 2023 Views: 172 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Is there a full list of requirements? The video was a bit confusing, and the main page seems to not have everything listed such as the theme and related requirements.

To compete in this jam, it requires the following, correct?

• the theme "five"
  • tax, oh, and spread keywords
  • no custom music or sounds
  • all art used in the asset pack
  • 8 buttons
  • all text related  to text file

Couple questions from this as well. Are these all of the requirements? Are we not allowed to create custom sounds and music for what we make, or it it just sounds from the pack? Curious if there are any other requirements not listed as well. 

The main page seemed somewhat abstract, and the video presentation was a bit confusing. 

I *believe* for the music and sound, they can come from the files, meaning you can tweak, mix, and otherwise use those sounds to mash together other sounds and music.  Same thing for the art assets -- again, I *believe*.  I'd like to know from the hosts for sure though...

I'd also like to know if we can use any other free or public domain assets, or if they must be created personally.

HostSubmitted(+1)

You can use public domain and free assets as well, as long as you also include all of the assets from the asset pack. Otherwise, you were right with your answer :)

Submitted

Wait so you don't need to use ALL art?

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

You DO need to use ALL art, and you can use some extra if you want