Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Uploading Your Project - Why it won't show up

A topic by kisnerp created Jul 21, 2020 Views: 634 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Not sure if this will help anyone else, maybe everyone else already knows this stuff.  But something I figured out when uploading my project for the game jam:

The first day I uploaded my project it didn't seem to show up in the list of submitted projects.  At first I assumed that the folks running the game jam had to approve it or something. But then I realized I had to update one of the settings:

1. I first clicked Submit your project in the HexDrive Zine Jam page and chose Upload game.
  2. This took me to the Create a new project page.
  3. On this page I filled out all the fields and uploaded the appropriate, but:
  4. At the bottom of the page in the Visibility & access options, I saw the options were:
    1. Draft - I chose this option, assuming that someone running the game jam would have access with this choice.
    2. Restricted - This option was also available, though I didn't choose it.
    3. Public - This option was grayed out and would not work. I assumed because it was because submitting the game as part of a game jam it couldn't go live without approval.  This was not a correct assumption on my part.
  5. I clicked Save & view page
  6. I could now view the page for the project I'd created, but it would not show up on the Submissions page.
  7. About a day later I went into my Dashboard and clicked on Edit to see if maybe I'd set something wrong.  Everything looked okay, except that going back in to the draft, now under Visibility & access the Public option was available.
  8. I chose the Public option and clicked Save and immediately the project became visible on the game jam Submissions page.

So, apparently to finalize your submission you have to complete a draft that is not public, then enter the project a second time and choose to make it public.

thank you so much! It really helped, as I was confused about that part

Submitted

Hah. I posted this so long ago. But glad to know it is helping someone.