Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Updates Post-Jam?

A topic by Deledrius created Dec 16, 2019 Views: 163 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

I have a question regarding updates post-deadline.  I found (and have a fix for) a functional bug in the display of the victory screen in my game and would like to upload a v1.01 to the itch.io page, but I don't want that to affect the version which was submitted for the GameJam.  I'm uncertain how this works, so I was hoping someone could clarify if this is possible, and if so, do I need to do anything in particular to maintain the current submission for the Jam without interference from updates.

Submitted(+1)

Last I checked it is generally allowed for small fixes, just dont go changing the entire game

Submitted(+1)

From the looks of other entries, I think I can add new versions to the available downloads, and make a note on the download page that only v1.00 should be considered for judging.  I want to be judged on what I complete before the deadline, of course, but I would like non-judges to have access to the bug fixes that have been made since (so far a simple fix, but very visible in a specific case I didn't catch in time).