Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Accessibility Patch for Tree Invaders

A topic by sosasees created Dec 25, 2021 Views: 71
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

When I originally made Tree Invaders, all in this jam, I made a really bad accessibility decision:

Since I assumed that everyone playing the web version is on Desktop because I assumed that every mobile player would download the Android app, I have removed the Pause button from the Web version and replaced it with just a line of text that says “[2nd Mouse Button] (Un-)Pause”.

As it turns out, this is not good for players on the Apple iPhone, since they can’t download the Android app, so they’re stuck with the web version, which means that they can’t Pause because there’s no on-screen Pause button in the web version.

Even though this jam has ended a long time ago, and even the sequel jam has ended almost a month ago, and i don’t really care about this game anymore, i will still be fixing this issue that i found recently. I will be fixing it by making the Actual pause button appear on-screen in the web version, just as it does in the Android app.

Expect this new version to be released on tomorrow the 2021-12-26.

Update: Released!

Today on the 2021-12-25, I released this patch.

It deletes the script that removes the on-screen pause button when the game is played on anything except the Android app. This means that this version of the game has the on-screen pause button reguardless of the platform.

However, on the game page I decided to apply this update only to the web version (where it’s necessary for touchscreen accessibility), which means that the Desktop versions (where there is no touchscreen) will still have the on-screen pause button removed.

You can download the Godot project of not only this accessibility patch but also still the original version.