Play gameVisit The Little Robot that Could's game page
Ranked from 2 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
How does your submission match the theme?
Almost everything in the game is designed to work in multiple ways. Some examples:
- Shooting bullets slows you down, giving you more control over movement.
- Shooting is used to both deal damage and to push bombs around the play field.
- Powerups can either be used as weapon modifiers or as bombs.
- Bombs clear bullets that they hit from the play field.
- The fire powerup is short-ranged but deals more damage.
- The lightning powerup is short-ranged and can hit through pillars, but you cannot detonate bombs.
- The metal powerup knocks you back and can knock you over impassable terrain.
- The lightning bomb attack has a larger splash radius but deals low damage and paralyzes enemies it hits.
- The metal bomb attack destroys pillars that it hits, eliminating the player's cover but giving them a health pack.
- Players score points for extra time but also for damaging enemies and clearing bullets with bombs.
Engine: HaxeFlixel (http://haxeflixel.com/)
Sound effects: made with Bfxr (http://www.bfxr.net/)
Font: Roboto Bold (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Roboto)
Everything else (sprites, music, code) was from scratch during the jam.
Colin Lu, Nathan Pinsker, Anderson Wang
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.