Tags

HI im new and need some tips

A topic by EvoK-DEV created Jun 25, 2022 Views: 220 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(+2)

any tip around gamedev will help even how to use time in a more effective way 

(+2)

Evok my Friend , That's the thing with being new

it takes you a lot of time to do simple things because you have no experience with GameDev , but i can help you with one thing i know 

is to just make a simple game with the skills you have , that's it! doesn't matter how bad it is , every game developer was once at your place knowing nothing about GameDev

Skill takes time....

you should not let your expectations/scope exceed your skills , or you would just give up instead of having fun , you would end up treating your GameDev like it's your job.....

Hope i helped.

(+1)

Thanks for the tips man

Submitted(+1)

Remember that everyone uses Google! It's hard to remember absolutely everything all the time so don't feel bad about looking it up.

Thanks I do sometimes forget the code that I learned

Submitted(+1)

In game development, the way you think is essential and doing the same stuff over and over again isn't just time wasted, it's practice that will help you in the next project.
For example, in my 5 years of game development, I have never made a day-night cycle ( basic stuff ) but I've made camera and player control scripts from tutorials so many times that now I can make one from scratch without using the internet.

So 2 basic things, try to think like a developer and don't be afraid to do the same thing more than once, also everybody makes mistakes and everyone gets blocked at some point, don't worry and you can achieve anything.

(2 edits)

I do agree with you , The time you put in your goals isn't wasted

i've been developing for 2 years, sadly, i've got a 2012 mac so i can only use scratch

(+1)

have you tried Godot?

Submitted

Yeah, Godot is amazing. It's also super small and compact so you could totally use it on your Mac!

there's another downside, since it's so old, we dont know the password, and the computer is LOCKED, or else i'd have tried godot already.

can't since it's so old, my mom doesnt know the password.

Thank you

(+1)

grind

you can keep grinding

but only if you take care of yourself & others most importantly

(+1)

I will