Jobs
Tags

Liluo and the gamejam! Sticky

A topic by HelperWesley created Feb 03, 2023 Views: 511 Replies: 19
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Jam Host (1 edit) (+6)

A few things about the jam to keep in mind:

1.You need to submit both a version here on itch, and one on liluo.io
2.Your game version here on itch will be locked once the jam timer ends, so make sure you submit your itch game first. Liluo can be done after.
3.When uploading to liluo, there is a genre option for "game jam 3", that'll put your game in a special category with all of the other games from this jam, so be sure to add that as a genre.

Finally, pretend the jam actually ends a few hours before the time on the page and try to submit then. You don't want some accident to happen at the last moment that prevents you from submitting, so don't leave it to the last hour. Save yourself the stress,😅

Anyhow, good luck with your games, and I'm excited to see what you folks make. 👋

Submitted

can i ask? Im making horror game for the jam and i have blood lettering in my game. is this against the rules? 

"The games must not include offensive, discriminatory, or NSFW content of any kind. This is an event for anyone and everyone! So don’t be rude. "

Jam Host (1 edit)

A bit of blood is not a problem. You need to be over a certain age to use itch, so anyone playing the game should be able to handle a little bit of blood from a horror game. 👍

Submitted (1 edit)

like this one? 

and this.

Submitted

Those should be good. The NSFW means that you can still add elements of blood but in a work environment or around adults would it be too much. If not then your good

Submitted

what about this? Astral Adventure by MakePlay for GDevelop Game Jam #3 - itch.io 

Submitted

Also Gdevelop and HelperWesley is there a certain age requirement to actually win prizes if, big if, you manage to get like top 5

Submitted (1 edit)

I would guess  either 13+ or 18+? As long as your parents and/or you have a paypal you should be able to claim your prize.

Submitted

ok thanks

Submitted

Damn I'm 12

Submitted

same

Submitted

Oh boy, so little time left!

Most of our duo’s efforts went into core assets, intro, GUI and menu options… Well, in the worst case scenario the game will be in a different project, so it would technically fulfill the theme… XD

(Don’t worry, we’ve scaled down to a POC for the jam, it will be expanded to a complete game afterwards.)

Submitted

Overconfident, aren’t we? :)

Submitted

hey i need to know how to add a game to the liluo game jam

Submitted

Go to publish and click generate link.

Jam Host

There's a video at the bottom of the jam page. Don't stress too much about it, make sure you itch version is in first.

But the video goes over how to do that. 👍

Also, be sure to add gamejam 3 as one of the genres for liluo. 👍

Submitted

Is the liluo upload obligatory?

because I keep getting something called "request error 403" whenever I try to build it there, so I don't think I could upload it there

Submitted

same here i've had the error come up for a few hours now...

Jam Host

It's required as one of the conditions for winning, but you can add it after the deadline on itch has passed if you're having trouble getting it to upload. 

Try to reduce the size of your game(Check near the end of the optimization video we have to see how to do that), make sure your internet connection isn't having any issues, and try the usual "turn it off and on again". 😅

If you're still having trouble, try reaching out with screenshots to the GDevelop communities on discord/reddit. 👍

Submitted

alr I'll try, thx for responding ^^