SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Theme/GM2/Platforms

A topic by jwiggs created Apr 10, 2017 Views: 449 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(+4)

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the theme was. Couldn't find it. Maybe cuz the jam only started 15 mins ago.

Also, is it okay to use GM Studio 2? Its still Game Maker so I think its fine.

Lastly, which platform would you like us to export to. Windows or HTML5?

Thanks.

(1 edit) (+2)(-2)

Hey bro :)

Have you no theme(s) for the jam? This is not cool :\... If you want to host a jam, first you need is a theme, or an structure for suggest and vote for themes, but never start a jam without a theme... This leave participants sad and discouraged.

Now, if you want some themes, check out the GM48 Jam (gm48.net), Ludum Dare (ldjam.com) and/or some "game idea generators" (like Orteil's - http://orteil.dashnet.org/gamegen) available on the web. They will help you choosing a theme for the jam. But PLEASE don't select an veeery strange/surreal/supernatural theme and, after choosing one, post it here (if possible, before 2pm, so devs can start developing their games as soon as possible).

Platforms I think they should not be specific, letting developers to make for her preferred platform (Android, HTML5, Windows, Linux, etc). But if you want to specific one or more platforms for standardize where the games will run, I recommend using the two or three most popular in the world, which are Windows, Android and HTML.

So now, let's make the jam cool :D

#SorryForMyEnglish #Brazil :P

(+3)

I would also like to know what the theme is. It's kind of hard to start without it.

(+4)

Here's a piece of advice: if you can't be bothered to publish a theme at the start of the jam, at least don't waste other people's time by creating it in the first place.

I'm outta here!

(+1)

Hi there, if anyone is bored and will actually do a game for the jam, here's a music and sfx composer :) A bit newbie but stillllllllllll

I wonder what the theme will actually be. I guess it's too late for the jam host to appear :p