Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How was your first day?

A topic by DRAKOSEA created 29 days ago Views: 196 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+2)

I only got half my player character model finished, though I already finished with the plans. Gotta say it's gonna be rough for me if I can't finish the assets within 3 days because the systems are rather big, not just develop click function and the entire game is done like flappy bird.

Well at least I'm much faster than last year. I spent 3 days to made the rabbit model for "Rabbit Dimensions" because of various reasons and quickly threw things together to make a playable game.

I hope that I could finish this jam in time, because I wanted people to play the game that I think it's cool and not some rush fes like all those previous years.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I'm not an artist and this is my first Jam ever so I'm using 100% free assets that I find. I'm also going solo so I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to do everything else you have to do to make a game + art. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

My first day was good, I got player movement and simple AI working. Also messed around with a little bit of the menu screen. I'm really trying to do something simple, but the more I think about a concept the more complicated it gets, lol. It's probably because I'm new, simple concept doesn't mean simple execution. My goal is to have at least something to turn in by the end.

Submitted

That's a good thing. When you're new, it's better to learning one by one rather than trying to do everything. You could disregard the "fun" just for the sake of fininishing the game. When the knowledges are limited, it'd be hard to make something "fun".

Submitted(+1)

I have my movement working, health, energy, and stamina mechanics working, weapon mechanics and aiming done, enemy mechanic is working, and going to have my level generator and monster spawner tomorrow hopefully. Then just need to add animations, sounds, UI, and sprites and I can start testing. Luckily the jam ends before Steam NextFest. haha That's gonna be a busy time for me for sure.

Submitted(+1)

so you already have a game published on steam eh? Happy busy days ahead fella.

Submitted

Yeah. My first game comes out just after NextFest (which I'm hoping will drum me up some wishlists). :D It's an exciting/scary day to say the least. haha

Submitted

making a factory/automation wave defense game. finished making the first tool and the automation for it producing resources when turned on against any minerals.  set up some basic sprites/art but probably wont invest in it much 

Submitted

making a factory/automation wave defense game. finished making the first tool and the automation for it producing resources when turned on against any minerals.  set up some basic sprites/art but probably wont invest in it much 

Submitted

and by invest, I mean invitest my time, lol. I am not much of an artist.

Submitted

yeah, that's understandable. I personally wanted to make my own arts because I'm rather picky in this matter and wanted to have aesthetic freedom. But as you mentioned about time investment, I also decided to put a stop for the player character and move on to making the animation instead of trying to make the shape better.