Jobs
Tags

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Sticky Locked

A topic by Xavier Ekkel created Apr 14, 2019 Views: 921
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

Who can participate?
Anyone! All experience levels, from beginner to expert, and all disciplines from coding and art to design and music, are free and encouraged to join this jam!

Should I work on my fragment before I submit it / Can I make a new fragment for this jam?
That's up to you! If the source code is lost to time, feel free to submit the fragment executable as it is. However,  we welcome any additions you would like to make to your fragment as well. In addition, we welcome you to create fragments for the jam! 

I have multiple unfinished games. Should I submit them together or separately?
If the games can be combined into one executable, you should submit them together for the C-C-C-Combo! diversifier! Otherwise, submit them as separate entries.

Are there any restrictions on game engines or platforms?
None at all! Feel free to submit fragments made in any game engine, built for any platform.

Are there any restrictions on the time-frame when I created the fragment?
None at all! Feel free to submit any of your unfinished games, whether they were made 10 years ago or 5 minutes ago.

Do I have to submit a game? Can I submit non-game executables?
As long as the contents of your executable file were intended to form part of a game (in the loosest definition of the word), you are encouraged to submit it!

What counts as an executable?
An 'executable' for this jam is the built/compiled version of your game (including HTML games), such that anyone using the platform your game was built for (e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Web Browser) is able to play the game, without the need for any specialized software.

What counts as an ‘unfinished’ game?
For the purposes of this jam, you can submit any fragment that hasn’t been released before! All we ask is for your fragment to be presented as an executable file, assuming it is a digital game. If you have additional non-executable documents you would like to include, please consider doing the Family Album diversifier!

Can my game contain copyrighted/trademarked content?
No. Your submission must only contain content that you have permission to use.

Do I keep the rights to my game?
Yes! Participants retain full rights to their submitted fragments.

Can I start working on my entry early?
Yes! You can start preparing your fragment for submission now and submit during the submission period.

What if I want to finish the game later?
Please do! Fragment Jam is a meant to be a way to revisit past projects in a positive light. It is about embracing unfinished games and sharing them with others. If it helps you let go of your unfinished project, that’s great! If you want to complete the game later, that’s just as good! As you retain all ownership of your project, you can do as you want with your fragment during and after the jam.

What if my project has game crashing bugs?
Keep in mind that Fragment Jam is about celebrating all manners of unfinished projects, even ones with game-breaking bugs! With that said, you are welcome to create a stable build for the jam.

Is this jam competitive?
No! This is a zero-pressure jam, with no ratings or rankings.

Can I work in a team?
Yes! You can work in a team to prepare/improve your fragment for submission. There are no team size restrictions.

What if I just have a game idea?
You can either try turning it into a fragment to submit for this jam, or you can wait for Game Idea Jam, where you submit game ideas!