Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Audio / Music for your game!

A topic by erinhomie created May 14, 2019 Views: 119
Viewing posts 1 to 1

Hello Everyone

My name is Erin and I am a Composer, Sound Designer, etc. etc. etc.
I just came across this game jam and figured I'd see if anyone needs any last minute audio/music. 

A bit about what I do:
I like things that pull at emotions.  I love anything attached to a story that stretches and develops throughout time. What I do is highly connected with a sense of feeling and a sense of being. To me, it is all about wherewhat, and why; being aware in a place and being aware of ones self in that place. Everything I work on, I can paint a scene in my head. I can feel the stirring and the yearning of the piece, and I want to be able to help paint these feelings on the insides of people’s minds. The correlation of sight, sound, and feeling - you can have one without the other, but all together they create something so all encompassing and captivating. I love the meticulousness of creating a sonic environment and being able to piece together these individual sounds to create an immersive world.

My Style:
As far as game soundtracks go, I’ve always been extremely moved and inspired by the Ori And The Blind ForestElder ScrollsHollow Knight, and Unravel soundtracks. I am particularly in love with the style and moods of these games; fantasy games or anything ethereal, moody, or whimsical and magical. Open world - RPG is as immersive as a project can get, which I love, but honestly, as long as I can immerse into and connect with the game design style and maybe storyline, I can connect with the game.

Themes that tend to inspire my work:
-Celtic
-Viking/Norse
-Medieval/Dark ages
-anything with Elves
-things with magic
-beautiful scenery/nature
-magical forests; warm sunlight peeking through trees
-epic shit
-strong/badass character design

-probably most things in this jam :P

Composition/Sound Design Reel: http://erinholmes.me/reel
Composition Playlist: https://soundcloud.com/erinholmessound/sets/soundtrack

Cheers and good luck in creating your games!  
Erin