Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DystopiJam Information Sticky

A topic by Ashton Snapp created May 30, 2016 Views: 455 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Host

To all game developers who wish to submit to DystopiJam: I am happy to have you here. A game jam can't exist without people submitting games. Now, onto the nitty gritty. As you all know, your task is to develop a game that places the player in a dystopian or post-apocalyptic scenario which they must either survive or fight (a.k.a if the scenario is that aliens took over Earth and made it worse than communism, fighting it would be overthrowing the aliens). According to Google search (yes, I'm giving you information from Google), a dystopia is "an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one." According to Merriam-Webster, it is "an imaginary place where people lead dehumanized and often fearful lives." According to Wikipedia, it is "a community or society that is undesirable or frightening." I'd pile up more definitions but I would bore you. As for creating the actual game, remember that your game will be rated based on the quality of the gameplay and how well the different gameplay mechanics and the genre fit together with the scenario. You will want to think about this carefully. I may also add rating criteria for innovation, something I love to see. That's all for now. I'll make another thread when it's time to vote.

~$ SnappGamez

DystopiJam Moderator

Host

... is it just me or do we need more people in this jam? Honestly, 3 people isn't a lot.

Hey Snapp,

a listing here would be a good start to get more attention!

Host

True. How do we get on there though? ... maybe the Contact Us button :)

(1 edit)

I tried the contact button, but their answer was that the owner should contact them for an admin to check before it gets listed.

Host

Now to find the Contact Us button

I guess it is just writing a mail to support@itch.io

https://itch.io/support

Host

Yeah. Got an email saying it should be listed.

Host (2 edits)

Just opened up the DystopiJam page and found "A Brexit Simulator". much controversy. wow.

EDIT 1: To the person that made the game: Didn't expect such a controversial subject to pop up here. Then again, I'm here going to great lengths to predict World War III so :p

EDIT 2: Seems as if my work is cut out for me.

Deleted 7 years ago
Host

I hadn't considered putting up a reward when creating this. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to due to my family's current financial situation (some people just repo'd my dad's truck). I also didn't realize I should have put that information up with the jam listing. This is the first jam I've hosted after all. I will be adding that information.