SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] Medieval Management Game - Fiefdom

A topic by adwitr created Oct 08, 2021 Views: 188 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Hello everyone,

In the spirit of finishing a project, I wanted to submit a project that has been in the works for 6 months; but has been on hold for the last 4. 

It is a medieval management game where the objective is to manage a medieval fief, where you must create items and sell them to make money and keep the fief running. This is supposed to be my debut game as an indie game developer but I am still a long way from completion., and I figured this jam would be a great way to soft launch the game and gain some feedback. 

The first version of the game will only feature the item manufacturing and selling aspects. I have implemented a world trade and RTS style battling mechanic but it is not ready to be played. 

Here are a few screenshots of what I have so far: 

One core mechanic that I have implemented is a force of demand and supply. The price of each item will decrease based on how saturated the market is for that item. For instance, selling 20 0 chairs at once will greatly lower the price; making it non-competitive to continue producing. The goal is to get the player to diversify the production with a range of products to continue making a profit.

Another core mechanic is the random price shocks. As raw materials are needed to be bought to create the items, random economic price shocks can reduce/inflate the price of said materials. 

Thank you for reading this devlog and any feedback is highly appreciated.

Submitted

Looks like a very cool game.  I like the concept and the art work too.  Good luck!

Submitted

Thank you I really appreciate it.