Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

🇬🇧 🇮🇹 Postmortem Sticky

A topic by Geecko on the Wall created May 01, 2021 Views: 191
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (2 edits)

🇬🇧 Guiltily, I let several months go by before I realised I should have written this post to draw out the sums of the jam.

What can I say? Thanks to this jam, a nice buzz has been created among my contacts and friends, but not only. For weeks I have been hearing different people talking about Cthulhu Dark and about participating in this jam. I even received a two-part interview from the very kind Giorgio Vingiani (you can read it here, in Italian: part 1, part 2).

It’s true: at the end of the day, “only” three of us participated. However, both Luigi and I admittedly tested our mystery several times. I am not aware of Simone’s testing work, but he too clearly worked very hard to write his mystery. In short, we were “only” three, but I appreciate having made this journey together.

In the end, with votes in hand, my mystery got more points, but the low number of votes and the fact that we were few participants contribute to give even more value to the often misquoted phrase “the important thing is not to win, but to participate”. In fact, this jam had only one goal: to push someone, even if it was just one person, to try to write a mystery for Cthulhu Dark set in Italy.

Cthulhu Dark doesn’t offer little work to those who want to write a mystery, and in fact, I’ve heard from many people who have started but, due to the short time available or frightened by the commitment required, in the end, they didn’t materialize anything. No big deal: if they want to, they’ll have a chance to make up for it in the 2021 edition.

✱ ✱ ✱

🇮🇹 Colpevolmente, ho lasciato passare diversi mesi prima di accorgermi che avrei dovuto scrivere questo post per tirare le somme della jam.

Che dire? Grazie a questa jam, si è riuscito a creare un bel fermento tra i miei contatti e i miei amici, ma non solo. Per settimane ho sentito diverse persone parlare di Cthulhu Dark e di partecipare a questa jam. Ho persino ricevuto un’intervista in due parti da parte del gentilissimo Giorgio Vingiani (potete leggerla qui: parte 1, parte 2).

È vero: a conti fatti, abbiamo partecipato “solo” in tre. Però, sia io sia Luigi abbiamo dichiaratamente collaudato il nostro mistero diverse volte. Non sono informato sul lavoro di collaudo di Simone, ma anche lui ha chiaramente lavorato molto bene per scrivere il suo mistero. Insomma, siamo stati “solo” tre, ma io apprezzo di aver fatto questo viaggio insieme.

Alla fine, voti alla mano, il mio mistero ha ottenuto più punti, ma il numero basso di voti e il fatto che fossimo pochi partecipanti contribuisce a dare ancora più valore alla frase, spesso citata a sproposito, «l’importante non è vincere, ma partecipare». Infatti, questa jam aveva un solo obiettivo: spingere qualcuno, fosse anche una sola persona, a cimentarsi a scrivere un mistero per Cthulhu Dark ambientato in Italia.

Cthulhu Dark non prospetta poco lavoro a chi voglia scrivere un mistero, e infatti ho sentito molti che hanno iniziato ma che, per il poco tempo disponibile o spaventati dall’impegno richiesto, alla fine non hanno concretizzato nulla. Poco male: se vorranno, avranno modo di rifarsi nell’edizione 2021.