Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The challenge will start in less than a month!

A topic by Tim Krief created Oct 02, 2021 Views: 199 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted(+2)

Hi there! We are getting closer to the start of the challenge. We already are 180, that's impressive, I'm glad you like the concept! I wanted to let you know that there will be more info and resources available before the beginning of the challenge, that you'll be able to use, or not, during the challenge.

I made this gif if you want to spread the word about the challenge, and also a tweet. Feel free to re-use it to promote the challenge. The more we will be sharing about out journey during this challenge using #CrunchlessChallenge, the funnier and the more inspiring it'll be!

Start thinking about what could be a cool project to tackle during the challenge and have a nice day!

libre is filipino for free.... hmmm are u a filipino?? just asking hehehehee

HostSubmitted

It seems to be from Latin "lībĕr", so it's used in a lot of languages that derive from Latin. I'm French and in French it's also libre.

ohh ok

are we able to start now? 

HostSubmitted

The challenge will start the first of November. From that day and for a month you'll have to select a schedule to work on your project and stick to it. Until then you could think about how you would want to plan your work and what kind of project you would like to work on. You can start the challenge with your project already started, the goal is to sharpen your scoping, planing, management and execution skills so that you wont have to crunch but be able to release your project in time based on your previsions. I feel like there's no reason to prevent people from working on already existing projects.

Hello everyone, I am a solodev who can do almost everything as long as it doesn't have something to do with marketing (lol).
This game jam is actually a nice idea! I have my idea but I'll start the project in November and work between 2 - 4 hours per day in the morning (French hour). Actuallt, I decided to join the jam to have a pretext to remake the game I made for my very first game jam. I was a beginner back in the day and even if this said jam lasted for one month, the final project ended with a lot of bad things (ridiculously hard, pathetic design, in my taste only the music aged well and that's only cuz I'm a sound designer). And since 3 years I am saying "I'll remaster it later I'll remaster it later". I joined the gam to get my pixels together.

Soooo I will have a lot of work to do, this is not a offer, but i wanted to be a social catboy and say nyan. Good luck everyone and drink water!

HostSubmitted

Haha! This is exactly in the spirit of the challenge! Glad you joined! I hope you'll do well, be sure to share about your experience :)