Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Recommended Tutorials

A topic by White Wolf created Aug 23, 2019 Views: 322 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Could you recommend some tutorials about 3D models and making sounds?
I've never used anything like this so I would like to try. Maybe it will help me with the next jam.

Submitted

if you have no experience with 3D modelling, and want something you can use fast for this jam I suggest MagicaVoxel. it's easy to learn, fast to model something in and you can safe your models for Unity with the colours you used in MagicaVoxel. you only have a 126x126x126 voxel space to work in, looks small in the beginning, but you can make something nice fast, and all your models will look consistent. Keep in mind you can model bigger things like a building in smaller parts and combine them later in your game engine. MagicaVoxel software is free. if you later want to improve you can look into Blender or Maya (both free if you make a student account for Maya).  These 2 both have their pro's and con's, and their armies of people on the internet fighting each other, but at the end of the day, use what you feel comfortable with, this will push you the furthest.

Thanks. I don't think that I will do something great for this jam(it's my first), but it will help me for the next time. Thanks again

hey, you need to write your own code for the jam, so you cant copy it

Who is talking about copying? I want to learn. Even if I don't make anything good for this jam I want to do more next time.

He's talking about modeling tips and not coding man. I think you misunderstood it.