Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I use free assets?

A topic by Moncii created Jul 23, 2019 Views: 905 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Submitted

Its a little unclear as to whether or not you can use free assets.

No everything needs to be created by you. This does not include add ons that help you make things.

Everything must be made on the week of the jam with the exception of fonts assuming you have the appropriate license(s) for them.

Submitted

What about sound?

Submitted

OK, thanks!

(1 edit)

It says quite clearly:

• Everything has to be made during the jam. This means you can't reuse any code or assets you made before the jam or from other sources. 

But generators are allowed:

• Generators are allowed, as long as you have some control over the output.

So check into things like SFXR for sound effects. For music, I've been playing around with Bosca Ceoil too!

Submitted

OK thanks man!

AIVA is a life saver

(1 edit)

Yeah I didn't realize that at first when I thought about joining but oh well, I joined anyway. My game will just have to be super simple then, haha.

I checked out those Bfxr (formally Sfxr I guess) and AIVA tools/sites. So using those would be allowed (to create sound/music)?

Ok well I'd never use Bfxr, good Lord those sounds are horrible. Sounds like a Nintendo game had its sounds run through a pair of speakers that were blown apart by dynamite and then defecated on.

AIVA on the other hand looks pretty awesome.

Jam Host

AIVA is not allowed.

Jam Host
  • Generators are allowed, as long as you have some control over the output.

AIVA looks like a purely "magic" generator to me, hence why it is not allowed. If I'm wrong, please correct me!