Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

DevBlog: HanClinto Games

A topic by HanClinto created Jun 10, 2019 Views: 220 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

I haven't participated in a game jam in a long time, but have an itch to try it this year. We'll see how it goes. :)

This year I think I want to build a simple game in Javascript that can run easily in a browser or on a phone. 

I want to try building something in the idle/ clicker genre. Today I spent some of my lunch break looking over some basic templates for clicker games and trying top find a good cooldown button control. 

Figuring out how to lay out my page for viewing on mobile and desktop is going to be the biggest struggle for me. There are so many frameworks and CSS things these days I don't know what I should use. React? Angular? Node? Vue? I have no idea. 

Not being able to code on this over the weekend was a big hit -- I may not actually get this project off the ground. We shall see. 

Looking forward to what you do! 

I haven't started programming either! I need to solidify the design for my game first, and have a good idea of how the systems and data will function before I commit my fingers to keyboard for coding.

Host

Hey Clint, have you been able to make progress yet? Looking forward to what you have in store for us.