SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Problems with GET ALL

A topic by Garry Francis created Sep 19, 2019 Views: 92 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Two problems I've noticed with GET ALL:

1. It tries to get objects that are already in your inventory and says "You already have the <object>." It should only try to take objects that are in the room.
  2. If you get multiple objects, any responses from on_tick{} are interspersed with "You take the <object>." Background processing should only take place after attempting to take all the individual objects.
Host

1. This is a regression, I've just fixed it. I'll release the fix tomorrow.

2. This was actually by design. Should ticks not be interleaved with getting of objects. After all do you want to be able to do two or even ten actions in one tick?

Submitted

I realise 2 is a difficult one from a design point of view, even though it's easy enough to implement. So with GET ALL and TAKE ALL in Adventuron, each successful action increments the tick counter and runs on_tick{}, whereas the turn counter is only incremented after all the successful actions. (At least I think that's what the doco is saying.)

In my game, I did the following:

>SCORE
You have scored 10 points in 107 turns.
>DROP ALL
You drop the aaa.
You drop the bbb.
You drop the ccc.
You drop the ddd.
You drop the eee.
>SCORE
You have scored 10 points in 112 turns.

That's perfect from the scoring point-of-view! If I want to avoid the extra background messages (not shown here) that are intertwined between each DROP, I'll just have to do something clever in the on_tick{} routine. I won't bother, but it's nice to know for the future.

Host

I just released the fix to the scenery selection problem.