Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Caltrop Core Dice Math

A topic by Matthew Gravelyn created Dec 29, 2021 Views: 243 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+3)

I didn't see this sort of resource shared elsewhere (and this is how I process new dice systems) so I wanted to share my findings on the dice pool math for Caltrop Core. This sheet includes the basic resolution rules up to 5d4, as well as math for the example combat rolls found in the SRD (again up to 5d4). The combat tab also has a legend at the top that you can edit for damage dealt and taken for each result. The link below is for comment-only access, so if you want to play around with it, save a copy to your own drive (File > Make a copy). 

If you have any questions or feedback, or I screwed up the math, please let me know! Thanks! 

Caltrop Core Dice Math (Google Sheets)

Submitted(+1)

whoa this is great!! love the color coding, thanks for putting this together :D

Submitted(+1)

Absolutely, happy to share my math addiction! 

Submitted

Oh, very nice! I ran it through AnyDice early on but you went well beyond!

Quick question: In the Combat tab, I am having trouble reading the Damage Dealt/Taken tables. Are the numbers inside the yellow and green cells the number of times the dice came up with that result? And, if so, is there a reason you switched from percentages in those sorts of cells over to the raw numbers?

Submitted

So, this section was a little more complex, given that you can change the values. There are 4 charts: the top two charts are damage dealt, with dice results on the left and chance on the right, and damage taken is on the bottom, also with raw numbers on the left and chance on the right. Not sure if you're viewing it on a smaller screen, but it should all be there. Have another look and let me know if that makes sense.

Submitted

That makes sense! I was too focused on the colored charts, I think.