Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Charity Suggestion

A topic by Blueberry Soft created Jan 16, 2020 Views: 244 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6

Hi!

In the event description you say that 'donations will be for Australia nationwide' (which is great), but then you list the NSW Rural Fire Service as one of the charities to receive money. Perhaps they could be replaced with something indigenous-specific like https://www.gofundme.com/f/fire-relief-fund-for-first-nations-communities

<3

HostSubmitted

I was actually also thinking of picking an Indigenous-specific one! The charities aren't final yet, I'll try to get things locked in early next week, pending approval from the majority of participants. 

Thanks!

Submitted

As long as that's a legitimate gofundme - and not someone trying to scam money out of the public - then I definitely support an indigenous charity.  All charities are worthy, but we just don't hear about these ones in the news, or see signs for them in stores.  It's all 'Red Cross' this and 'RSPCA' that.

Very sure it's legit (but a valid convern!)! Neil Morris is pretty Googleable, and I got the link from a thing he wrote on IndigenousX: https://indigenousx.com.au/our-mother-is-hurting-without-us-leading/

WAR put up a list of places to donate money to and one of theme is bushfire related:

Kinda a shame there was never a decision made about this, otherwise I would've made something :(

HostSubmitted

Sorry :( I made a thread about finalising all the charities. No one said anything, so I just went with the ones I suggested in the thread: 

The Australian Red Cross (Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund)  
World Wildlife Fund (Help Save Koalas Fund) 
Fire Relief Fund for First Nations Communities

In theory you could still make a game, but it would have to be very quick so I don't think that would be fair to you

HostSubmitted

BUT! Let me know if you're still keen, we can try to work something out!

Would love another fellow trainwrecker in here!