Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

From the bottom of my heart...

A topic by GraceHowell created Jan 12, 2020 Views: 210 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Thank you.  I live in Brisbane, so I'm not in the bushfire zone, but I do have family in Victoria and the ACT who've been affected.  Just by the smoke and a bit of inconvenience, thank God; I don't know any of the people who've died or lost homes.  But this whole thing has been so heart-breaking for the rest of us who can only watch in horror.

I don't have a pay thing set up on here.  Would I still be able to create and submit a free game?  Or would I need to set up a payment system for that?

Also, I recently made a game for a different jam which is actually set after the bushfires, from the point-of-view of a victim.  Too sad for this jam, but if anyone wants to play it, it's called 'Magenta and Blood Red'.  The theme of the jame was 'dying is awarded', so... yeah.  It might be a bit much for some people to play, but it's bushfire-themed.

HostSubmitted

Hi there, you can still create and submit games even if you don't have payment options set up! The comment about games having to be paid ones only applies to titles previously released, as we don't want the bundle to be filled with freeware games already widely available. This means the other game you made wouldn't be appropriate for the bundle, even if it's bushfire-themed. Perhaps we can shout it out, though!

Submitted

Okay, yeah, that makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying!  :)

HostSubmitted

Hi Grace, please approve the bundle so we can move forward! https://itch.io/b/444/australian-bushfire-charity-jam-bundle